Tour Duration: 3.5 Hours
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: This tour has an option to keep and eat fish of a correct size and species harvested in a sustainable manner. This is an option. Guests can choose to catch and release all fish if they so wish, a fresh fish lunch from the restaurant will be included for those people who choose to catch and release or those who don’t catch any fish of the correct size or species.
- Perfect for people visiting Costa Maya (Mahahual) by cruise ship and also people here on holiday who have always wanted to try sea fishing. This quick introduction is an ideal activity for family groups. For a private booking please email with your arrival date to check availability.
- The opportunity to eat your own catch freshly prepared in a beach side restaurant upon your return. Styles of cooking depend largely on the species and size. The chef will make the best suggestions for your catch. Styles include fried whole fish, fillet in garlic and white wine, Al Ajillo, butter and garlic, a la diabla or tempura battered.
- This tour is ideal to be shared by a father and son or two people wishing to share one fishing rod, in this instance there is a small extra charge to cover the extra drinks and the extra food.
- On the way to the bottom fishing area you will troll two rods behind the boat with artificial lures. This is a good opportunity to catch a Barracuda, Jack or maybe something bigger. This will be two rods per time. In the event of 4 fishermen in the boat this means 2 get to troll the way out and 2 the way back. If there are 6 people onboard then they will split the time between all 6. In the event of a caught fish, the fisherman will pass the rod on to the next guest.
- Arriving at the bottom fishing reef location every person or couple sharing will be given a baited rod, shown how to operate it and the necessary fishing technique for catching fish.
- Back at the beach you will be met with a welcome drink and time to relax on the beach while they prepare your meal.
- MINIMUM: 02 PER DEPARTURE
- MAXIMUM: 06 PER DEPARTURE
- Fishing by boat for 2 hours, mix of trolling and bottom fishing.
- All fishing equipment.
- Fresh preparation of your fish or fish lunch at the Nohoch Kay restaurant.
- Two complimentary beverages.
- Use of restaurant facility and bathrooms.
Tour does not include taxi to and from Costa Maya Cruise terminal. See Below for more details.
- Depart Costa Maya port in taxi …………………….00:00
- Arrive Capitan Mono restaurant …………………………….…00:05
- Meet and greet then board the fishing boat ………………….00:05 – 00:10
- Fishing by trolling to bottom fishing area ……………………..00:10 – 00:25
- Bottom fishing ……………………………..…………………….00:25 – 01:45
- Fishing by trolling back to the beach …………………………01:45 – 02:00
- Arrive Nohoch Kay restaurant, welcome drink and relax ……02:00 – 02:30
- Fresh Fish Lunch on the decking overlooking the beach…..02:30 – 03:30
Return to Costa Maya at your own time after the tour. The taxis are found immediately behind the beach location.
- Minimum age to participate 6 years old. All under 18 year olds must be accompanied by an adult friend or parent. Guests must be able to walk a short distance wading in water up to thigh deep to get on and off the boat.
- This tour is suitable for guests in wheelchairs if they are accompanied by people to help them in and out of the boat. Please inform us if anyone in your group has mobility issues so we can try our hardest to accommodate you correctly.
- This tour is suitable for people with vision or hearing problems if accompanied by a friend or family member to help them. Please inform us if anyone in your group is hard of sight so we can try our hardest to accommodate you correctly.
- Please be sure to let us know of ALL food allergies for ALL guests. You will be asked to sign a waiver acknowledging the requirement to make food allergies known before the tour starts. All food is prepared from fresh so we will be happy to accommodate your dietary requirements…. just let us know, it is no problem at all.
- Shorts or other beach wear
- Cap or sun hat
- Sun block cream.
- Sunglasses (Essential)
- Spending money for extra drinks, snacks, or food.
HOW TO FIND US AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- The fishing part of the tour starts from in front of Capitan Mono restaurant by the life guard tower. The eating and beach section is at Nohoch Kay restaurant and Condominiums.
- Non-fishing guests may accompany fishermen and relax on the beach making use of the restaurant facility, bathrooms and kayaks as they wish. The restaurant is managed by Jaime who has 30 years experience in the restaurant business. Friends and family of a guest attending the school are welcome at the restaurant and can order individual items from the menu.
- The catchafish.net team are happy to arrange other tours for people in your group: Mayan Ruins, Snorkeling, Diving, etc. After 12 years in Costa Maya, we offer non-biased advice and quality tour options only for all activities in Costa Maya Port.
- Please note that if a large group wishes to join in the fun and would like to guarantee their place on the beach, a beach break package is available for the restaurant or they can just pay as they go from the menu. For large groups, please let us know in advance so we can arrange a private shaded beach area for you and suggest the best options for your requirements. The beach and restaurant location is called Nohoch Kay, it is between Nacional Beach Club and the 40 Canons on the board walk.
- To find a taxi at Costa Maya port you must walk through the walled port area, past the swimming pool and exit the front/security entrance. Just 100 yards outside the gate you will see Yellow Taxi Cabs. Ask a taxi to take you to Capitan Mono restaurant, the charge is $2USD per person and the journey time is approximately 4 to 6 minutes. If you ask inside the port for a taxi, you will be asked to board a bus or van, this will drop you in the middle of the village and the cost will be $3USD per person. You will then have to walk to the boardwalk and look for the wooden lifeguard tower on the beach. Look here for the booths signed Shark tours.
- If you have made reservations with the us come directly to the meeting. Do not attempt to purchase additional tickets or pay anybody else for this tour in the port or anywhere else before arriving at the meeting point.